we have received the following invitation from Practical Sailor magazine
It would be great if we could find some photos - nothing like some good publicity for C&C 27s !
Practical Sailor magazine (www.practical-sailor.com) is working to update its archived review of the C&C 27, and I was wondering if you have any high-resolution photos of your or others' boat(s) that we could publish along with the updated review. And if possible, could please forward this to the C&C 27 owners association membership, or post it on your forum/website? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Some examples of the types of photos that we are looking for include:
- sailing shots (boat under way, from any angle);
- anchor shots (preferably beam or bow quarter);
- deck shots (long shots showing as much of deck bow to stern and vice versa, bow looking aft, stern looking forward);
- interior (galley, main saloon looking aft from v-berth, main saloon looking forward from companionway, head, engine access)
- deck details (bow roller, anchor locker, hatches, cleats, chain plates, fairleads, hatches, etc.)
- construction details (hauled out photo showing keel, etc., hull-deck joint - anchor locker often offers good view, through-hulls).
If you don’t have any of these, but know some other C&C 27 owners who might, I’d greatly appreciate their email addresses so we can see if they would like to submit any photos. Your help is greatly appreciated.
For any photos submitted for publication, we ask that the owners include the boat type, name, homeport, and a photo credit for the photographer. The photos need to be high resolution, that’s 300 dpi or 1 MB file size, or larger. We’ll gladly send PDFs and hard copies of the published review to anyone whose photo(s) run in the magazine. The updated review is tentatively slated for the April 2016 issue, so we would need photos and owner comments by Feb. 5.
Also, if you/other owners have any pertinent comments that would help us update the review, feel free to send them along (and ask others to do the same). Some key points we’re interested in getting more owner feedback on include: the boat’s performance (under sail and power), engine access, construction quality, deck layout, interior layout, systems functions, pros/cons, and any pet peeves or praises particular to the boat.
We appreciate your taking the time to help us update the review, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Thanks, and have a wonderful day!
Ann C. Key
Managing Editor, Practical Sailor
6202 Clark Center Ave.
Sarasota, FL 34238
(w) 941-306-2235 / (c) 941-465-6229
PLEASE NOTE NEW EMAIL AND MAILING ADDRESSES