C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2003-09-03 06:25:01

Head Odour

I have replaced my head and both the intake and outflow hoses this season.  I am now experiencing a strange odour in the head area of the boat.  I say strange because it isn't the rather offencive septic odour you might imagine but rather a heavy rubbery or synthetic mastic smell.  I have started using "Liquid Gold" (from Canadian Tire) deoderizing stuff to deal with the usual smells, but I am now wondering if this may be somehow breaking down the rubber hoses?  I have not replaced the old hose from the tank to vent, or from the tank to deck fitting and will do so soon. I find it rather odd that they have lasted 28 years without emitting this odour and suddenly started to the year after I replaced everything else short of the holding tank.  I am new to the boat, and new to a boat big enough to have a head so any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
chris

Board footer