C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2005-08-30 12:31:59

KenPole

Lazy Jacks

On my fully-battened North main, there is a type of Lazy Jack arrangement (at least I assume that's what it is) comprising lines down much of the leech and a series of stainless steel rings about an inch in diameter. The sail bears a Lazy Mate label. I'm having trouble figuring out how it should work; it's not as intuitive or straightforward as conventional Lazy Jacks and North has been less than helpful. Anyone else have this setup or know someone with another boat type who has it? If so, I'd appreciate some advice. Thanks in advance.
Ken Pole
Santiva
Ottawa

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#2 2005-09-02 11:33:44

KenPole

Re: Lazy Jacks

Belay my request for info on the LazyMate mainsail control system. Not only did I track down the manufacturer in Maryland but found that one of my race skippers had a manual even though his boat no longer has the system. Doh!
Ken Pole
Santiva
Ottawa

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#3 2006-05-19 11:50:57

Regarding your Lazymate reefing system. I too have a Lazymate on my newly purchased CS 36, but I have no idea how it works or hooks up. Some  lines and parts are there but thats about it. Does the manual you aquired show pictures or diagrams of its operaton?
Yhanks for your time. Gary

#4 2006-05-19 22:23:02

KenPole

Hi Larry. The manual is sufficiently detailed. Will photocopy it later today. Let me have your postal address. Cheers.
Ken Pole
1975 Mark III Santiva
Ottawa

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#5 2006-05-22 00:52:03

KenPole

Sorry about the "Larry", Gary. As usual, haste makes waste. I'll make sure to spell it correctly when I mail you the manual. Cheers.
Ken Pole
1975 Mark III Santiva
Ottawa

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

Board footer