C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2003-05-20 06:04:46

How much fuel do I have???

Newby Question?  We have no fuel gauge and we have no way to look directly into the tank.  How do you know how much fuel you have left?  Also, does it take regular 87 gas?  We are lauching for the first time this weekend.  Thanks for the help.  1973 C&C 27 "Goldrush", Chicago IL

#2 2003-05-20 13:13:02

Re: How much fuel do I have???

Without a gauge of some sort I don't know how your going to tell. My 27 came with 2 gauges, one on the control panel on the port side of the cockpit and 1 on top of the gas tank itself.
I've always used regular 87 gas. For a while I tried using lead additives but it didn't seem to want to run right and had to clean the carb out all the time.
Larry

#3 2003-05-21 08:30:33

Thanks Larry. 
1973 C&C 27 "Goldrush", Chicago IL

#4 2003-07-30 05:33:23

The fuel guage on my C&C 27 never worked for the previous owner and he just kept on putting in another can when he thought it might need it. Not good enough for me so I just put one on the top of the tank for 75 bucks or so.
I've always used 87 gas, no additives or anything, as recommended by my mechanic, Robert Hess, who has, incidently, an excellent link on this website that I highly recommend. It has everything you always wanted to know about Atomic 4s but were afraid to ask. He is also the dealer of Universal deise engines.
Fred Butler, Vancouver, B C
<A href="http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/Atomic_4_Eng_Service/index.htm" target=_blank>Atomic 4 Engine Service</A>

Board footer