C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2003-12-10 23:46:53

Doug

Weather Stripping

I have a C&C 27 III with original fixed aluminum port frames.  I am installing new plexi.  I have the butyl tape and new plexi.  Does anyone have a line on the weather stripping that is inserted in between the aluminum frame and the plexi.  I am in Toronto.  Have sourced it at one place however was surprised at the price.
Doug Heldman

Quicksilver C&C 27 III

Doug Heldman
Quicksilver C&C 27 III

#2 2003-12-11 05:38:19

Re: Weather Stripping

I bought mine from Holland Marine Products, 3008 Dundas West
Toronto. Phone 416-762-3821.
Also available from North Shore in Niagara  on the Lake.

C&C 27/2   " Budge "

#3 2003-12-11 05:38:24

I bought mine from Holland Marine Products, 3008 Dundas West
Toronto. Phone 416-762-3821.
Also available from North Shore in Niagara  on the Lake.

C&C 27/2   " Budge "

#4 2003-12-24 01:14:39

Doug

Thanks for the tip Bob
Not only do they (Holland Marine) have it on their web site.  It is also less expensive than the other supplier I sourced it at.
Cheers!
Doug Heldman

Quicksilver C&C 27 III

Doug Heldman
Quicksilver C&C 27 III

#5 2004-01-28 01:44:13

How much was the weatherstripping and where did you get the plexi and at what cost?
Thanks,
Bruce Peever

#6 2004-01-28 10:29:06

When I purchased from Holland marine in 2001, the cost for the butyl tape and gasket was $ 91.74 Can.$ taxes included. This was sufficient to do all windows.
The plexiglas was purchased from Laird Plastics in Hamilton Ontario at a cost of $28.75 Can.$ taxes included. Laird Plastics have a number of locations in the Toronto area. However I am sure it is available from other plastic suppliers. I used the old windows as templates to cut the plastic to size.
Hope this helps.

Budge C&C 27/2 Hull # 322

#7 2004-01-28 10:32:25

Doug

Bruce
You will find the weather stripping on the home page at Holland Marine <A href="http://www.hollandmarine.com/">http://www.hollandmarine.com/</A>
I checked several places and they have the best price.$2.89/ ft.
The plexi I sourced at "Ace Glass" a glass and mirror company in Scarborough (Toronto).  I thought it would be easily available at many spots like auto glass shops however it takes a bit of phoning around before you find the right place.  If you are in Toronto area call Ace.  I belive they charged about $65-$70 for tinted plexi glass. The Boat Show suppliers I checked with were all significantly higher.  The butyl tape that installs between the fiber glass and plexi glass I got at an auto glass place for free.
Doug Heldman

Quicksilver C&C 27 III

Doug Heldman
Quicksilver C&C 27 III

Board footer