C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2007-05-20 03:17:58

charles

Fuel Pump

My fuel pump is leaking out of the top of its cover.  It is not leaking from the bowl but from the areas where there are six screws holding the top on. I took the top off the pump to see if I could see if it was leaking thru the diaphram.  Could not tell.  Put it back together.  Still dripping. Should I get the rebuild kit. Or a  rebuilt pump from Moyer marine or should i go electric??
This is an AC Delco part.  Are they available elsewhere?Charles Mojsej
Kymo (mark II)
Britannia

Charles Mojsej
Kymo (mark II)
Britannia

#2 2007-05-20 03:27:41

Re: Fuel Pump

If leaking out the top you likely have a cracked diaphram.Rarely a housing can crack also. I would try a Delco dealer (not a GM dealer) , there should be several in the phonebook under Automotive tune up parts.Carquest,NAPA also. Price a rebuit pump and compare to a kit before buying either. I have an electric pump on one and a mechanical pump on another,both are providing good service.An electric pump will prime the carb without cranking the engine(good) but can stay running sometimes agrevating a flooding condition with a worn carb(bad).

#3 2007-05-20 21:10:02

The electric fuel pump should have an oil pressure shut off safety switch to prevent the fuel pump from doing what you described.  If fact the coast guard sort of demands them.   
The switch is available from Don Moyer or from your local NAPA store..the NAPA part #OP6620....The last thing you want is abilge full of fuel.
"IRIS"
1975 C&C 27 MKlll
Hull No 453
Kittery Point, Maine

#4 2010-01-18 07:52:19

My electric fuel pump keeps blowing fuses. Changed the pump and wiring from coil to O/P switch - still an issue.

Anyone seen a O/P switch cause the fuse to blow?

#5 2010-01-19 00:23:54

Mobile Mechanic   Peter Huszcz  613 795-3657 has solved several fuel pump leaks at BYC. I arrange for his services when he has other calls at BYC to minimize costs.
Blue Eyes
BYC

Board footer