C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2007-08-14 07:33:38

KenPole

Halyard winches

Can anyone tell me the model number (I presume they were Barients) of the mast-mounted halyard winches originally mounted to a Mark III? When I acquired the boat, all running rigging had been led aft. Thanks in advance.
Ken Pole
1975 Mark III Santiva
Ottawa

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#2 2007-08-15 00:44:02

Re: Halyard winches

Hi Ken,

On my Mk III, the winch on the mast was a Barient 10, same as on my previous 25 Mk I.  Are you thinking of re-rigging the halyards to the mast base?

Marcus

#3 2007-08-15 01:05:43

KenPole

No. I find that the angles and effort to use either the cabintop halyard winches or my self-tailing primaries on the coaming are not right when I want to use a bosun's chair. Thought I'd reinstall an appropriate winch on the mast and use it for primary lift with my spare halyard as backup to one of the others -- if that makes sense. Thanks for the response.
Ken Pole
1975 Mark III Santiva
Ottawa

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#4 2007-08-17 06:13:45

Yes, I know just what you mean.  I dealt with that problem this summer by running one of my halyards from the turning block on the cabin top to a snatch block on the toerail and then to my Lewmar #40 ST primaries.  This made the process of hauling my daughter up the mast much easier.  I actually managed to lead the halyard under the grab rail without any contact or chafing.  Check if it will work for you.

Marcus

#5 2007-08-17 07:54:43

On my 1975 Mklll it has Barient #10's on the cabin top and on the mast...

"IRIS"
1975 C&C 27 MKlll
Hull # 453
Kittery Point, Maine

Board footer