C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2007-11-02 09:47:00

mast unstepping

I am unstepping my MarkV mast for my first time (and maybe the first time ever).Our boats are on the hard, having been hauled last month by a guy with a submersible trailer with hydraulic lifter pads.  Our group then brings in a tree service truck with a "cherry picker". the tree guy puts a loop around the mast, we pull the clevis pins, he lifts a few inches, then lowers as we walk the mast and roller furler out so they eventually lay across the pulpit and pushpit. This works for most boats in our yard.
Are there any other owners who have done their masts in this self-help manner? Any suggestions? (please don't tell me to take it to a yard with a crane).copasetic

#2 2007-11-04 16:58:55

tboicey

Re: mast unstepping

At the risk of trivializing it... it's really not that big of a deal to unstep a mast... and your rig should work.

Usual caveats apply...

- Make sure where the sling goes around the spreaders cannot slip up... some boats have folding or spindly spreaders...

- Make sure everything is disconnected before hauling away. Check again. ;>

- Make sure to control the mast at all times, make sure it stays bottom-down until you are lying it flat.

Not much really. It's a bit more work to put it back on, so many lines to make sure they don't tangle or aren't raised intertwined... but straightforward if you are careful...

Board footer