C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2008-11-26 04:55:22

Beta Marine Diesel Re-power

I just repowered my C&C27 Mark V from a 1GM10 Yanmar to a Beta Marine Diesel 14 HP. It took 22 hours to complete the job and went very well. I am not a mechanic and neither are the two guys who helped me, but we did it and the new engine is fabulous. I have a full set of removal and installation pictures from start to finish. I felt my boat was underpowered with the 1GM10 as well as being an old 23 year old or more engine. The boat was built in Rhode Island and exposed to salt water for many years. I would like to post some of the pictures on the C&C 27 Association site but do not have the computer sauve to do so and need help.

I have a C&C27 Mark V which was brought up from Maryland. I believe the Yanmar 1GM10 was exposed to salt water. The engine is very noisy, vibrates more than I like (have folding prop and know when it is open fully) and to me is not very environmentally friendly. I have just purchase a Beta Marine BZ482 (13.9HP) which is built in England. The engine is about the same size and weights a little less. Question: Does anyone have any experience with re-powering their boat. If so, would you be willing to share your experience with me.

Brian - BYC - "Redeemed" 1985 Mark V
Brian's photos and a description of the process are now available in Black Arts, A new engine for Redeemed. - Admin

Last edited by (2008-11-30 23:59:03)

Engine installed works great see Black Arts. New Engine for Redeeded. The following is the original post........I have a C&C27 Mark V which was brought up from Maryland. I believe the Yanmar 1GM10 was exposed to salt water. The engine is very noisy, vibrates more than I like (have folding prop and know when it is open fully) and to me is not very environmentally friendly. I have just purchase a Beta Marine BZ482 (13.9HP) which is built in England. The engine is ;about the same size and weights a little less. Question: Does anyone have any experience with re-powering their boat. If so, would you be willing to share your experience with me.
Brian - BYC - "Redeemed" 1985 Mark V

Board footer