C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2009-01-15 23:47:09

capricous

Curtains

Now that I replaced my portlights,curtains are mandatory. Where would one get a vynl coated spring to span the window from which to go through some fabric? Or is there a better way. I wanted to use the screws that are on either sides of the windows.

Thanks

Dana
Capricous Hull #599

Capricious Mark 3 Hull #599

#2 2009-01-16 06:28:38

Re: Curtains

vynl coated spring??  Why not use an 1/8" bungee cord?

#3 2009-01-17 01:55:04

carriden

We have vinyl-coated springs on Carriden.  These are preferable to bungee cord because it is easier to slide the curtains back and forth over the smooth vinyl coating and they are easier to terminate with screw-in eyeloops, otherwise there probably is not much functional difference.  There are more elaborate systems out there, with pleated blinds, etc. that might look more upscale, but I have always subscribed to the KISS principle (Keep It Simple and Stupid).

Marcus from Carriden
Mk III, Hull #847

Marcus Opitz,
Formerly from Carriden, Mk III, Hull #847,
now skippering "Everdina," a 1975 Ontario 32

#4 2009-01-17 02:32:00

KenPole

I found the vinyl-coated spiral-wound wire at a local fabric/drapery store. I think I have enough left over to do your main cabin portlights (I think 24 feet, i.e. six feet top and bottom on each side). If you can't track the stuff down in your area, let me know and I'll send you my leftovers.
Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#5 2009-01-18 00:28:40

capricous

Thanks for the replys. Dont know what I would do without this site. Sometimes the simple things stop me,but I saw Capricous had the vynl wire and like to keep things stock. Ill check fabric stores.

Thanks

Dana

Capricous Hull #599
["Dont know what I would do without this site." A sterling sentiment - I couldn't have said it better - and it's a feeling shared by many. Here's a hint though, to all present and future members of the Association - next time you are overwhelmed by tears of unremitting gratitude for this site, remember that "information wants to be free", but bandwidth is billed monthly, so don't reach for a Kleenex, go find your chequebook. - Admin (who is winding himself up for the annual membership drive)]

Last edited by (2009-01-18 05:28:29)

Capricious Mark 3 Hull #599

Board footer