C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2009-02-04 19:27:51

windyday

Exhaust transom throughull

I am installing a waterlift muffler with a 2" outlet port. The original transom throughull exhaust tip is for a 1.5" ID hose. So, I either need to find a way to bush down at the nipple on that fitting from the 2" ID hose to the 1.5" OD nipple, or replace the throughull fitting for a 2".

Finding a replacement fitting is turning out to be tricky.
1. 2" nipples on transom exhaust tips do not appear to be standard.
2. I like the idea of a flapper valve to inhibit water ingress, but they don't seem to come that small. A couple of companies make exhaust tips with internal check valves, but I've been warned off inline check valves in general. In this case, it might be hard to know whether the valve was blocking exhaust or had failed completly. An external flapper would be easier to check, and unlikley to caust blockage.
3. I'll have to check next time I'm at the boat, but from the brochure diagram, it looks like the Mark II transom slopes 25 degrees off 90. That does not appear to be standard for exhaust flanges, either.

Any thoughts?

---------
"New" 1974 C&C 27 Mk II undergoing refit

---------------------

1974 Mark II C&C 27

#2 2009-02-06 06:32:00

KenPole

Re: Exhaust transom throughull

I think that any large plumbing supply shop should be able to equip you with a downsizing pipe converter once you've explained what you want. I can't see backpressure being an issue in a setup like this. Cheers.
Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#3 2009-02-24 19:55:18

windyday

Re: Exhaust transom throughull

After much discussion, I ended up simply ordering a 2" Vetus SS exhaust tip. The flange is 90 degrees to the pipe, same as the original on this boat.
---------
"New" 1974 C&C 27 Mk II undergoing refit

Last edited by (2009-02-24 19:56:23)

---------------------

1974 Mark II C&C 27

Board footer