C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2009-04-11 10:46:01

Brent

Keel hull plug

Grind grind grind.

I have been grinding the hideous fiberglass repair in front of the keel sump on my mark 5 and have gone deep enough to reveal the resin plug within where the first keel bolt passes through.  Its fractured in a lot of places and thanks to the poor repair has also let in a lot of water which froze and cracked more. In talking to a C&C buff around my parts he told me that the plug on some boats had poorly mixed resin at the factory causing cracking and in some rare cases, no resin plug at all. Has anyone here heard of such a thing or am I the first one to have had to dig into this thing. I have pictures on my rebuild site http://web.me.com/wildroverracing

Brent Driedger

S/V Wild Rover

C&C 27 MkV #15

Brent Driedger
S/V Wild Rover
C&C 27 MkV #15
;

Board footer