C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2009-04-22 02:32:22

Mark II Hull / Mark V Mast Refit

I have a plan and have assembled all my pieces and am ready to go ahead with the job.  Am I nuts?  Any ideas out there?  I will most certainly never race this boat, as I race on two boats already, so class conformity is of little concern to me.  I'm all for constructive criticism.

Last edited by (2009-05-22 06:46:23)

#2 2009-04-23 00:00:53

clanning

Re: Mark II Hull / Mark V Mast Refit

Colin, Colin, Colin....

How many Frankenboats do you have?  I get to tease you on 2 class site forums now?

I'm going to assume that you can't find a nice Mk2 or Mk3/4 mast.  (Even if you use the MkV, keep an eye out so you can sell it with the boat later if need be.)

I guess the mast is slightly longer, so that should work with existing sails.  You have all the MkV standing rig? What about the baby stay?  Mast step?

Does the MkV have the same shroud arrangement (2 lowers and 1 upper)?  (No.)

Mast section, Mk V: 5.75 x 3.875 in.

Mast section, Mk 2/3/4: I don't know, but it's bigger -- so not only stronger and heavier, but you may need to change the mast step.  K27 or K30 section?

Yes, you're crazy, but that won't slow you down.  In any event, let us know how it comes out, Colin!

Cheers,

Chuck

PS -- this is tongue-in-cheek.  I'm not sure about what Colin wants to do, and I do mean to tease him a bit, but he's probably more capable than most of pulling it off.
Chuck Lanning

NSC, Ottawa

Chuck Lanning
C&C 27 Mk V, Chivas & Champagne
NSC, Ottawa

#3 2009-07-09 06:44:54

Re: Mark II Hull / Mark V Mast Refit

I have a mk2 mast and boom and a large assortment of sails. Considering parting out the boat. West of Toronto but could deliver if needed in Ontario 519-768-3133 [email]johnsjmc@sympatico.ca">johnsjmc@sympatico.ca</a>

Board footer