C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2009-04-27 19:23:23

windyday

1-5/8" stuffing box hose?

I am searching for the right 1-5/8" ID hose to connect the stuffing box to the stern tube on our C&C 27. Non-wire, appropriate 4 or 5 ply rubber hose. The shaft is 7/8". Any suggestions for a source? Been looking through suppliers all winter, but that ID hose is very rare. Thanks.

---------------------

1974 Mark II C&C 27

#2 2009-04-28 01:06:21

carriden

Re: 1-5/8" stuffing box hose?

Hey Windy,
Your needs should be met by "Shields 200 Softwall Exhaust Hose", which is available with a 1-5/8 inch inner diameter.  Their website is supposed to be at www.shieldshose.com, but I have not been able to get any response at that address.  Here in Canada, the Western Marine Company (NOT the other West company) is a distributor for Shields hoses and they do have it in stock.  Your local chandler can order it from them.  A quick search via Google reveals all sorts of vendors for Shields Hose products, so somebody should be able to help you get it.  Have you hired a contortionist to work in the lockers?  Replaced my water pump impeller yesterday and I don't think that my back and hips will forgive me for at least a week.

Marcus from Carriden

Mk III, Hull #847
Oakville, Ontario

P.S.  Just checked the 2009 Holland Marine Products catalog and they carry 1-5/8 " softwall exhaust hose.  The distinction between "softwall" and "hardwall" is a matter of whether or not there is wire reinforcement embedded in the rubber layers.

Last edited by (2009-04-28 01:13:23)

Marcus Opitz,
Formerly from Carriden, Mk III, Hull #847,
now skippering "Everdina," a 1975 Ontario 32

#3 2009-04-28 20:27:11

windyday

Re: 1-5/8" stuffing box hose?

Marcus, thanks for the tip. A supplier found me some yesterday at a Dartmouth source, but I will follow up on your lead too.

I have just finished rewiring the engine and am fitting the new FWC system hoses, rebuilt exhaust, revised fuel distribution, etc. Getting in and out of the lockers over the past year of this refit has actually fixed my back pain!

---------------------

1974 Mark II C&C 27

Board footer