C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2009-05-07 15:31:41

Brent

MkV with washerless deck hardware

Well I discovered something new while re-bedding all my deck hardware on my MkV. At first I was surprised when I removed the nuts from the jib tracks etc. only to find locknuts and no washers. I passed this off as mid 80's C&C cost reductions. While drilling out the bolt holes I found resistance in the composite sandwich just before the drill bit punched through and when it did it spit out some metal filings. The next hole I drilled only to resistance then had a look inside. Voila! A strip of aluminum or thin stainless just inside the lower most skin of fiberglass below the balsa core. To save money C&C  laid down a strip of metal in the composite. I guess it made assembly quicker too. Smart. I drilled all the holes only to the aluminum backing, pugged and epoxy filled as per usual but I installed new stainless washers on the bolts anyway. What the hell, they're cheap.

Brent Driedger
S/V Wild Rover
C&C 27 MkV #15

[Patience, please! You submitted the same post five times! Click once! If you're not sure if your post has gone through (it takes a few seconds), open a new browser window and have a look. Plus, if you look, then you can have the pleasure of deleting any extras that may have slipped in. Thank you. - Admin]

Last edited by (2009-05-07 23:14:33)

Brent Driedger
S/V Wild Rover
C&C 27 MkV #15
;

Board footer