C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2009-09-01 00:35:25

Tonyj

Head Seacock MkV

I was looking at FLYING CIRCUS 1985 hull #581 the other day, it seemed that the only way to access the sea water intake thru hull was by crawling under the vee berth.   Did I miss something? Is there an easier way to open and close this valve? 

Regards,

Tony Jeske
San Diego   

#2 2009-09-24 10:18:30

JWente

Re: Head Seacock MkV

yes

get a midget for a crew so he she can climb in there

or a basketball player with really long arms - it is possible to reach from while lying on your back.

#3 2009-10-20 05:44:27

ALAN FORD

My boat ( hull 002 ) has a 6 inch diameter inspection port with a threaded cover on the fore- and-aft section port side immediately forward of the throne. If you remove the cover and your heavy clothing, sit facing the throne and reach in the hole with your right arm, you can turn the shut-off valve with some practice. It's better than diving under the V berth for me.

Alan of SMOKE 1984 Mk V 002

#4 2009-10-20 11:22:43

JWente

Hi Alan

how long have you had Smoke? (known as the fastest MKV ever, by the way)

#5 2009-10-21 01:29:54

ALAN FORD

Hi Jim

Got her in Midland , ON, at the end of August and she's now at BHYC. New boat and type of boat to me, but it seemed a challeng to preserve the show-boat/prototype of the Mk V. Just hope I can get her going as she is shown in the original brochure, where  Ron Barr is driving her.!!!!!!!..( Ron is a BHYC member as I'm sure you know. )

Alan

#6 2009-10-21 09:23:25

JWente

Hi

great to hear Smoke will be racing again.

If you need go fast advice post here or email me and we'll help the best we can

JIm

Board footer