C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2009-09-28 11:49:06

JWente

MK V Head - liner platform

The head on a MKV sits on the liner on a little platform.  The head is attached with 4 screws - not bolts, since there is no access to the underside of the platform.

My head is adrift - the screws no longer hold.  Has any MKV had this problem and what did you do about it?

#2 2009-09-29 04:52:48

Re: MK V Head - liner platform

I made 2 hole on the front of this platform. I can clean the bottom and close the holes with electrician plastic cap.

But for your problem, you can also put a transition plate between the toilet and the platform. Made a plate larger than the base of the toilet, screw the toilet on the base and the plate on the platform....

<a href="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/tanzertanzer/IMG_0653_1.jpg">http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/tanzertanzer/IMG_0653_1.jpg</a>

Jean Rivest,
Sorel-Tracy

Two good solutions, both of which probably are applicable to the Mk I to IV as well - I hope I have your permission to add them to Various Projects in Black Arts. Thank you. - Admin

Last edited by (2009-09-30 02:10:50)

#3 2009-10-02 08:37:23

JWente

Did you have any problem with the platform flexing or loss of structural strength after you drilled those holes?

JIM

#4 2009-10-02 08:40:12

JWente

You have teak & holly on the floor.

The boats all came from the factory with a liner in the head compartment.

Did you add the floorboards?

On top of the liner? or to replace it?

jim

#5 2009-10-02 23:20:45

There is no problem with the platform after i made the 2 holes, it`s remain strong, don't worry about that. I made also a lot of holes ( about 15 in all ) all around the boat to inspect and also ventilate. I do some under the vee berth to catch some water trap there. When i take the boat, it was some "odour" inside. There is no more now. I use "Bells saw" ( i don't know if is the correct word for that , but is the drill is use by &eacute;lectrician to made hole). I use 4" dia. where i can and smaller one ( like on the front of platform )

For the floor, i add a piece of Teak and Holy ( 1/4 " thick ) it to hide a repair i made last winter. I'd have to open the floor to fix the hull after hit rocks in shallow water. A small crack appear on the other side , so i whant to be sure there is no further damage inside. Made a hole about 8 inchs square to acces the hull then repair with fiberglass and &eacute;poxy inside and out.

To admin: Of course no problem to put pics on Black Arts, i have a lot of other things i do on my MkV, maybe i can send pics to you , but i like to explain them a bit, i guess it will be useful to other owner of MV.......

Maybe not very good to explain them in english, so you can correct me some fault before put it on the web hihihi !

Jean Rivest !

"NEOGA"  C&C 27 MV 1985

Jean Rivest,
Sorel-Tracy

I'd like to see photos of other ideas and projects, please. I'll make sure your text reads right, or if you prefer to explain in French (to me), I'll translate before publishing. I assumed that you cut those holes with what we call a holesaw. - Admin

Last edited by (2009-10-03 00:47:48)

Board footer