C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2009-11-15 02:11:37

pura vida

Ongoing head project

A long time ago I added a compact holding tank to the head. To do this I had to remove the door and the cleat that serves as a stop. Since the cleat was glued on, the bulkhead was cosmetically damaged during removal. I decided to put a two pieces of white laminate on the bulkhead and finished the job this weekend. It really turned out great. The white surface brightens the entire head.
Let's face it, there is no privacy on a 27 foot boat so I replaced the door with a nautical themed fabric shower curtain. The plywood from the door will eventually be used for an instrument cover by the ice box. 
Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

#2 2009-11-15 13:05:14

diva27

Re: Ongoing head project

Mike, I'm confoozed about your adding a holding tank to the head. Wasn't there a holding tank there before? Or did the head drain straight to the bilge?
Speaking of doors, my wife can't stand the bifold door that separates the V-berth from the head. I lowered it to get more ventilation into the berth, and thought of replacing it with a curtain, but the curved headliner defeated my efforts to come up with a solution.Doug Hunter
Diva
C&C 27 Mk1
Midland Bay Sailing Club
www.sweetwatercruising.com

Doug Hunter
Diva
C&C 27 Mk1
Midland Bay Sailing Club
www.douglashunter.ca

#3 2009-11-15 19:56:07

windyday

Mike - got pictures? I removed the original bladder tank last summer during the refit, and need to figure out a replacement. I've studied all the various options people have tried for a Mark I-II, but your idea is a new one to me, and I can't quite picture it.

---------------------
1974 Mark II C&C 27

---------------------

1974 Mark II C&C 27

#4 2009-11-15 20:50:03

pura vida

The head pumped directly overboard. I thought of putting a tank behind the head where it was located on later models, but decided that I liked the space for storage.

Doug, The door slid on a track so I removed the track, removed the door and mounted the track back in place. Sail slides fit in the track and I hooked the curtain to them.

Windyday, I'll send the photos I have. These are of the head/tank combo before I installed it. So I have your email will you send me a note at sv wind horse at yahoo dot com, no spaces. 

Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

#5 2009-11-16 06:35:57

diva27

I'd like to see the pics of the curtain replacement. Our door slides on a track as well. A heavy, spring-loaded thingie that occasionally traps people.  Would be nice to get rid of it. Doug Hunter
Diva
C&C 27 Mk1
Midland Bay Sailing Club
www.sweetwatercruising.com

Doug Hunter
Diva
C&C 27 Mk1
Midland Bay Sailing Club
www.douglashunter.ca

#6 2009-11-16 11:00:02

pura vida

Doug,
Will do. I'll take some the next time I'm down at the boat. Hopefully Friday.

Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

Board footer