C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2004-06-26 01:59:56

Moyer Marine

I'm new to this board----and recently acquired 1976 mk 3 w/ the original A-4---not new to sailing but have always owned heavy displacement off-shore boats w/ mega diesels.
Prior to bringing the boat home (80 mi trip) i installed a raytheon 4000 wheel pilot (with some difficulty, i might add---but it can be done) as I learned decades ago that auto-pilots steer far better than I do.  A great trip with the last 30mi. wing/wing with the 150/main at hull speed plus.  An absolutely great boat.
Had repeated intermittant failures w/ the atomic while motoring----still have not solved the problem----but I'm looking for a very "small" person to crawl back 'in there" to do some diagnosticks.

The real point of this post is something probably already known---.  I contacted Don Moyer of Moyer Marine .  An great web site----and Don and his staff are not only extremely knowledgable-----and his parts guy---Ken-----but they have "a kinder, gentler" approach to doing business.   tks, Dave 

#2 2004-06-27 22:27:52

Re: Moyer Marine

Congradulations on getting a great boat.... Don Moyer and his site are just what you need to keep the A4 going strong.... Several suggestions with the A4... from Indigo Electronics install their electronic ignition, very simple and very good.  No points or condenser to deal with, tune ups are changing the plugs only.  The other item is to put a PVC valve kit ..... this re-routes your crankcase ventilation back into the intake and you eliminate the oil smell in the boat...... My 1975 Mklll had fresh water cooling, if you do not have this it is a upgrade that is worth the effort and lastly from Moyer the electronic fuel pump...... Best of luck!

"IRIS"
1975 C&C MKlll
Hull # 750453
Kittery Point, Maine

Board footer