C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2004-07-07 08:44:28

Inflatable dinghies

Ok you are all such an opinionated bunch that I thought I had better ask your opinion on the purchase of an inflatable dinghy.  We are towing a really heavy dinghy now and it really would not save 4 of us in a pinch.  Do any of you have ones you like?  Or have you been to a boat show and have seen one you would like?  We are on the West Coast....
Thanks
Alex
Hermione 1972

Last edited by (2004-07-07 09:21:43)

#2 2004-07-08 08:10:48

Re: Inflatable dinghies

In Florida those fancy inflatables with a decent kicker have a half-life that compares to a pina colada--as they are higher on the hijack list than a '64 Corvette.  In heavy weather they have a habit of doing 360-720 deg. barrel rolls when they are not surfing past you.
I say old and ugly hard dinks are the choice----with a street value of no more than $200 bucks----just big enough for mama and you.----(you can rig the painter as an emergency life line for the kids and dog).  Plus---if the dink decides to share the cockpit with you----cut her loose-----over a cold pitcher---and a bit of embelishment---the story will be worth more than the dink.

Board footer