C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2004-07-17 07:45:32

Color schemes

I recently painted our 1976 mk lll (hull) with awl grip----rolled and tipped---turned out great.  Decided to use interthane (2 part by interlux) for deck and cabin top.  Knowing full well that there is no such thing as a "pure white" boat---I went ahead with white as it makes future touch ups much easier on high traffic areas.  Rolling and tipping around all those fittings is difficult at best--but I furnished my wife with all the high quality 3M tape she could possibly need---plus the best foam rollers and brushes.  She complained a bit about the S Florida heat-----but I was more than attentive in supplying frosty Cokes.  I figured she could get the job done in a day----but she probably got bogged down with all my shoreside advice about "more prep more prep more prep--go to 180 grit---etc etc"----so it took her two days---not bad since we have a 4 hour window in Fl----dew goes away at 10 am-----rain starts at 2 pm (summers only).
She did a fine job------I even told her so.  After she pulled the tape I left my air conditioned office (we own a marina) for final inspection.  It was WHITE.  She kept going on about how cool the deck was---no problem on the hands, knees or feet---albeit the hardware was 180 deg's.
I suggested we might "tone down" the WHITE with some deck trim that was kinder to my recent cataract surgery-----she muttered something about---"paint the ###### thing yourself"----

So here I am guys (and ladies)----anybody have some ideas about two-toning the deck?  Photos would be appreciated----e-mail  removed or reply here.
Thanks---Dave Tinder

Please address your responses to the Forum – that way we all learn, which is the point of having a public Forum. If you want to show pictures, see the post Using photos in your posts in the Forum. Thank you. —Admin

Last edited by (2004-07-17 22:51:11)

#2 2004-07-19 06:06:51

Re: Color schemes

Consider painting the areas without non-skid (including cabin sides) your secondary colour.  Most boats that I have seen with a 2-tone deck take this approach.

Board footer