C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2010-04-07 06:54:27

foroadmin
Administrator

More actions against spam - UPDATE

Some time back we instituted mandatory registration to reduce the amount of spam we see on the site. This action has stopped the spam but it has not stopped automatic registrations by spam-bots, which number in the hundreds. This causes problems.

Spam-bots provide an address and a password, but they don't provide a name and address, providing us with a tool to separate the real from the spurious. We therefore ask you to check that your profile includes a first and last name (we don't much care if you enter Edgar Hoover or Zaphod Beeblebrox - just put something in). Entering a location helps people answer your "where do I get a ..." questions but that's optional.

This instruction is now included in the message to new registrants.

Registrations without accompanying names may be deleted without warning.

UPDATE - During work to clean up the list of registrants, we uncovered more corrupted entries. Most of these appeared to have been damaged some time ago and seem not to belong to active participants so they have simply been deleted. If your registration has been deleted, we apologize.

We cannot restore the old registration; you will have to re-register (which you can do using your previous name if you wish). Please follow the instructions about filling in your name so you get the username you want the first time - spam registrations seem sometimes to be slight variations on existing registrations, so we will be suspicious of near-duplicates.

Thank you and sorry for the hassle.
- Admin

Last edited by (2010-04-08 03:37:36)

#2 2010-04-07 08:53:23

pura vida

Re: More actions against spam - UPDATE

Zaphod has a 27? Really cool frood!

(Many people get custom shirts for their boat crew... I bought towels.)

Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

What else would he sail? Morever, it's improbably fast. I hope you bought your crew each 6 pints of bitter along with the towels to cushion the transition. - Admin

Last edited by (2010-04-08 19:51:31)

Mike M
SV Wind Horse
Galveston, Tx

Board footer