C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2010-04-13 23:34:24

JWente

MK V Holding tank fittings

how are the inlet / outlet fittings attached to the holding tank - are they threaded into the polyethylene?
I just replaced the inlet/outlet hoses, and the fittings twisted in their seats.  Have I lost the seal?
Distant Thunder

#2 2010-04-17 14:39:01

Brent

Re: MK V Holding tank fittings

The holding tank on my MkV has threaded connections. If the barb by NPT 90 has moved a little during install you may be ok but keep this in mind, the MkV has many nooks and crannies below the holding tank for black water to get into and it's impossible to get out. The PO of my boat let the tank lid leak which spilled its contents while healing. I'm still trying to neutralize odors from those spots. It may be worth pulling the fittings and re-tape them just to be sure.
Brent Driedger

S/V Wild Rover

C&C 27 MkV #15

Brent Driedger
S/V Wild Rover
C&C 27 MkV #15
;

Board footer