C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2010-06-03 15:30:58

seawitch

27 mark 1 sails and stuff, 'lil HELP here please

In the process of answering some of your questions about the sails, Ive come to question what I thought was the main. Upon closer inspection of what I have I am beginng to think it is in fact a working jib. The lack of any reef points or noticable roach or battens in the Leech and the large size of the clew cringle are leading me to believe this. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? This sail measures aprx 28' 1" on the Luff, 9' 8" along the Foot, and about 23' 2" along the leech.  Also, wouldnt the tack be a 90* angle?

The other sail that I believe really is a 150% #2, measures 27' on the Luff, 15' 2" on the Foot, and about 24' 11" along the Leech.  They are both in very good to excellent condition.

If anyone could confirm the dimensions of these sails against known sails for these applications I would greatly appreciate it.

Now I feel a bit silly offering for sale Items that may not be what I represented them as. I have pics but not sure if I can post them here or not. I could email to anyone willing to help me figure out exactly what I have. Thanx in advance to any one willing to help

Last edited by (2010-06-04 11:06:14)

#2 2010-06-05 06:39:31

foroadmin
Administrator

Re: 27 mark 1 sails and stuff, 'lil HELP here please

The reason you're not getting any help is, among other things, you're asking for reassurance based on dimension information that almost no one but a sailmaker has on hand (and insisting that someone help you isn't going to change that). The information given in Evolution may give you a ballpark sense of the relevant dimensions, but they probably won't be exactly the numbers you have so in all likelihood they probably won't give you the reassurance you're looking for.

You could read the information about linking photos on our About... page, but a far more efficient means of settling what you have is simply to show the sails to an experienced sailor. That should decide the matter in moments.

- Admin

#3 2010-06-05 12:49:46

seawitch

I didnt mean to come off as insistant or un grateful, and apoligze if I offended anyone. was just looking for some opinions to compare my conclusions to. In fact it was the information in Evolution in large part that led me to my conclusions. Again sorry if I offended anyone

#4 2010-06-06 08:52:11

foroadmin
Administrator

I don't think anyone was offended, but (and this is addressed to all who read this post, not just the original poster), some questions are difficult if not impossible to answer with any degree of assurance, so they just don't get answered. It's no reflection on the asker of the question (well, most of the time anyway... I can think of a few corkers over the years that definitely reflected on every possible attribute possessed by the asker, questions or statements that make you wonder, "Who's at home there," but that's not the issue here). Sometimes there are too many variables and sometimes there isn't enough information. This query was a bit of both. So probably many people looked at it and thought, "Don't want to mislead the guy, so I'll keep my mouth shut." No offence anywhere I can see, so no need to apologize.
- Admin

#5 2010-06-14 13:12:08

chriswheat

e-mail me at chrisferrier at verizon.net for dimensions of my Rolly Tasker sails made for my MK1. 150 Genny & full batten main. About 5 yrs old. Good for comparison. They work well.
Chriswheat Second Wind

Chesapeake Bay MD

Chriswheat Second Wind
Chesapeake Bay MD

Board footer