C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2010-07-04 08:54:01

windyday

Sound system for C&C 27 Mk II

Finally solved our boat sound system choice problem (C&C 27 Mk II).  After searching for a digital non-CD solution compatible with iPod, I was just about to cave and go with a car deck with Aux input and a couple of low-end "marine" speakers when I discovered Fusion's new all-digital RA-200 kit, which they just released in May for boats our size. Thought others might be interested in this option -- I have no commercial interest in Fusion.

---------------------
1974 Mark II C&C 27

---------------------

1974 Mark II C&C 27

#2 2010-07-06 16:25:24

Redskyat

Re: Sound system for C&C 27 Mk II

I recently installed a sound system from Dual. It has on its front face both an AUX input as well as a USB input. The AUX allows my iPhone or iPod to connect with a 3.5 mm jack to a 3.5 mm jack from the headphones to AUX. Unfortunately the USB does not charge the devices, only plays tunes from them.
-Paul

Canvasback
1972 Mk I
North Vancouver, BC

-Paul

Canvasback
1972 Mk I
North Vancouver, BC

#3 2010-07-11 02:48:11

windyday

Re: Sound system for C&C 27 Mk II

The MA-200 charges the iPod. Two ways to connect an iPodin addition to AUX: USB port on either the watertight docking bay or back of the head unit, or insert into the docking bay and close the door. The docking unit has video output too, enabling movies on a screen or laptop from the iPod. The head unit menuing and control system is very nicely integrated with the iPod -- same look and feel. I like the way it is possible to control either pair of speakers independently (cockpit or cabin). No CD, but has a Sirius satellite radio port as well, and can process AM, FM and VHF signals. Small footprint and easy to install, too. The 6.5" marine speakers slipped right into the transom access ports perfectly. I can use the iPod docking bay/remote control to switch songs but not control volume, so ordered a Fusion wired remote for the cockpit. Great to have tunes on the boat. Very slick kit (head unit, docking bay, pair of speaker, iPod adapters and cables). Cost not much more than a car deck and a pair of marine speakers. I think the kits just came out in May. Binnacle is carrying them.

---------------------
1974 Mark II C&C 27

Last edited by (2010-07-11 02:48:32)

---------------------

1974 Mark II C&C 27

Board footer