C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2010-07-20 12:20:54

chriswheat

re-visiting the Origo topic

I've gotten an Origo 3000 to replace the pressurized Kenyon and am considering installation options. I don't see any photos in Black Arts and was wondering if anyone has a pic of their Origo 2 burner in an early (MK1 or MK2) 27? Does it gimbal?
Thanks, Chris
Chriswheat Second Wind

Chesapeake Bay MD

Chriswheat Second Wind
Chesapeake Bay MD

#2 2010-07-20 13:51:14

carriden

Re: re-visiting the Origo topic

Hey there Chris,
Carriden came with an Origo inset into the counter instead of one of the old Kenyon stoves.  Unfortunately, gimbals are not really an option, as you would have to install raised mountings and cut away portions of the counter and cabinet face in order to give clearance for swinging.  Instead, I have a small Forespar Mini-Galley which runs off of portable propane tanks (the same ones as my Bar-B-Q) and is fully gimballed.  This has a detachable mount on the bulkhead facing the companion-way stairs and is only in place when in use.   It is good for making coffee, tea, soup, chili, etc. while under way and was my only method for cooking on last years Lake Ontario 300 race.

We use the Origo extensively while cruising, as it works beautifully while in a slip or riding quietly at anchor.  However, for under-way work the Mini-Galley is faster and much easier to live with.  Plus, you can monitor it from the cockpit and keep an eye on your coffee percolator.  This solution has been working for me on Carriden for the last 6 seasons and a similar solution worked for many years on my C&C 25.
Marcus from Carriden

Mk III, Hull #847
Oakville, Ontario

Marcus Opitz,
Formerly from Carriden, Mk III, Hull #847,
now skippering "Everdina," a 1975 Ontario 32

Board footer