C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2004-08-27 01:02:19

Copies of Yanmar Engine key

Anybody know who makes copies for Yanmar engine keys?
The key is some odd shape that regular key cutters don't carry.

#2 2004-08-28 10:00:37

Re: Copies of Yanmar Engine key

I've installed at least a dozen Yanmar 3gm30's----the all use the same key.
Also installed several 4jhdtbe's-----all same key-----only place to get them is the Yanmar man----buy several-----your friends will thank you----BTW---I always leave the keys in the ignition switch-----my insurance guy has disowned me----but the Yanmar is so simple to hotwire----I'd rather the thief turn the key than ruin the panel.
Best---Capt Dave---Coastal Marine Mart---CHARLEY Country---Fl

#3 2004-09-01 10:41:06

mine turns with anything you stick in there.....file cabinet key....screwdriver.....

#4 2004-09-10 05:40:26

Hugh Morrin

You can order keys from Yanmar if you give them the model number of your engine -- the keys are all the same. I looked into it this spring, but the price was $27.54 + taxes! However, a clever local Ottawa locksmith (McEvoy-Lock) made us a couple of spares by grinding a bit off the side of the key. $5 for the pair.
If you can't get a copy made, the P/N I was given for our 2GM was 124070-91290. If you can't get them locally, you could probably mail order them from Nepean Marine & Motor Services, 613-828-4340.Hugh Morrin
Blue Zulu
MK III, #894
Nepean Sailing Club

Hugh Morrin
Blue Zulu, C&C 27 Mk III, #894
Nepean Sailing Club, www.nsc.ca/cc27
President and back-up webmaster, C&C 27 Association

#5 2004-09-12 11:56:32

actually, anything will turn it on...a screwdriver...file cabinet key.....

#6 2004-09-13 06:37:24

OK, mine worked with the padlock key too.
It wasn't so happy with the screwdriver, so at least whoever wants to take it will at least have to find himself some kind of key ;-)

Board footer