C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2012-06-03 05:55:12

Chivas

mounting new head

Hi there, I have a 1985 MK V and the Brydon head is kaput. I am going to mount a Jabsco head in its place. My question is: does the platform that the head sits on have plywood under the fiberglass? And can I just set the necessary inset bolts in the floor and bolt done the new head?
Cheers,

Stephen Hnatyshyn
Chivas & Champagne, Mk V
Nepean Sailing Club
Nepean, ON

Stephen Hnatyshyn
Chivas & Champagne, Mk V
Nepean Sailing Club
Nepean, ON

#2 2012-06-03 07:00:20

oasis

Re: mounting new head

I just did mine on my 1987 Mk V.  There is plywood under the fiberglass.  I just drilled new hole, plugged the old ones, and used the old lag bolts the old head was bolted down with.  Reconnected the hoses, and away it went.  Took less than 1 hour.  There is a thread somewhere in the Black Arts showing a picture of a Mk  V where that owner drilled approx 2 inch access holes in the vertical face of the platform the head is mounted on to get at the underside of the surface - he found some plastic plugs used in electric situations to act as removable fillers.  I did not find that necessary.

Barry, Oasis, 1987 MkV

#3 2012-06-03 07:22:10

Chivas

Thank you very much! Rather than insetting an inset bolt in the platform it sounds like I can just lag bolt it down.( presently the head has bolts coming up through the foor with acorn nuts securing it down, not what appears to be lag bolts pinning it down)
Thanks again Barry.
Steve.

Stephen Hnatyshyn
Chivas & Champagne, Mk V
Nepean Sailing Club
Nepean, ON

Stephen Hnatyshyn
Chivas & Champagne, Mk V
Nepean Sailing Club
Nepean, ON

#4 2012-06-04 09:08:33

JWente

the lagbolts holding my head down stripped out of the plywood
I cut a access hole in the front of the platform, and thrubolted the head.

Board footer