C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2012-08-03 13:22:00

OriginalLynn

Adjusting Engine Controls

I have a Mark V with a Yanmar 1GM10.  My throttle and my gear shift no longer operate independently.  For example, when I move the gear handle from neutral to reverse, the throttle comes back with it and can cause the engine to die.  It's fine if I hold the throttle in position, but I'm a single hander and usually work these controls with my foot.  Any suggestions on how to adjust the controls?

Thanks,
Lynn M.
SlipShape
West River, MD

Lynn McClaskey
Slipshape, Mark V
West River, MD

#2 2012-08-03 22:13:45

Chivas

Re: Adjusting Engine Controls

Hard to tell without seeing it, but it sounds like a foreign body is jammed between the gear and throttle chrome bodies causing them to become one, or inside the storage locker something has comprimized the independent operation on your controls. Good luck with your resolve.

Steve Hnatyshyn
Chivas & Champagne
Mark V
NSC, Ontario.

Stephen Hnatyshyn
Chivas & Champagne, Mk V
Nepean Sailing Club
Nepean, ON

Stephen Hnatyshyn
Chivas & Champagne, Mk V
Nepean Sailing Club
Nepean, ON