C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2012-08-11 12:06:42

Brent

Yanmar controls

My engine controls on my MkV were modified by the original owner. The knob above the engine kill knob had been rewired to run a deck wash pump which leaves me wondering what the original intention of this knob was for. Is the 1GM10 equipped with a pre-heater and did this knob activate it... or what.

Cheers

Brent Driedger
s/v Wild Rover
C&C 27 MkV #15

Brent Driedger
S/V Wild Rover
C&C 27 MkV #15
;

#2 2012-08-12 07:49:38

surfj24

Re: Yanmar controls

I have the same engine with the same bunch of knobs and toggles.  None of them do anything.  The only thing that works on the panel is the fuel, rpm, start and stop.  If you find out what the rest of that stuff is, please let me know.

Joe Kiehm
K.I.S.S. (keep is simple stupid)
1985 Mark V Hull #531
Milwaukee, WI.

I just purchased the Mark V Catrina out of Port Washington, WI.  I was a J24 sailor for 10yrs.  I did not race the boat except for the Queen's cup which is a overnight race accross Lake Michigan which I do solo.  The rest of the time is used it to cruise with.  I am now 44yrs. old and am tired of crouching down below.  It was time for me to find a boat that I could stand up in down below and have an inboard engine.  The Mark V hit the mark.  I just purchased in January and have not sailed it yet, but I'm sure I will be VERY pleased with it.  It's got everything I ever wanted without having to spend more money on a bigger slip.  All I need is a cradle or some jack stands.

#3 2012-08-13 13:20:52

Brent

Re: Yanmar controls

Hi Joe
The two position switch directly on the panel sits at rest in the middle position. Pushed up (or maybe down) it simulates a fault and causes the horn and alert lights to glow. I'm guessing this i a indicator test position. Down... I have no idea. The back-lights for the gauges are always on so it doesn't turn those on. 
Anyone??

Brent

Brent Driedger
S/V Wild Rover
C&C 27 MkV #15
;

Board footer