C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2012-09-07 10:52:53

stargazer

MkV main tack fast pin

anyone have the correct dimensions for a tack fast pin  on a MkV?

getting allot of conflicting  information so far

my crude measurements give me an indication of 1-1/4 working length 1-1/2 overall  and a diameter of  1/2

please chime in, tired of roping it
Lawrence Katz
'86 MkV #132
Lawrence Katz
'86 MkV #132
Stargazer II
Newport Yacht Club

Last edited by (2012-09-07 10:59:32)

Lawrence Katz
'86 MkV #132
                                                                    Stargazer II
Fifty Point Marina

#2 2012-09-07 12:36:23

JWente

Re: MkV main tack fast pin

what is a tack fast pin?

#3 2012-09-07 13:04:32

stargazer

a quick release pin for securing the tack ring of the main 
Lawrence Katz
'86 MkV #132
                                                                    Stargazer II
Newport Yacht Club

Lawrence Katz
'86 MkV #132
                                                                    Stargazer II
Fifty Point Marina

#4 2012-09-07 13:37:24

JWente

We fix the tack with a shakle that only comes off when we take the mast down for the winterm. 
quick release? Why?

#5 2012-09-08 00:22:31

stargazer

why, because I prefer to do things correctly
Lawrence Katz
'86 MkV #132
                                                                    Stargazer II
Newport Yacht Club

Lawrence Katz
'86 MkV #132
                                                                    Stargazer II
Fifty Point Marina

#6 2012-09-08 01:13:20

Steve Reid

Lawrence:
Don't know how your boat is set up as far as the main tack attachment is concerned, but on my boat the main tack attached to a tab on the goose neck casting with a long "D" Shackle. We don't remove the main each day, it's flaked on the boom and covered with a cover. The only time we remove the sail is in the fall when the boat is laid up for the winter.

Steve Reid

#7 2012-09-14 01:21:01

KnotiusMax

Hi Lawrence,
I was just changing my Main this weekend and was looking at the tack pin arrangement on Knotius Maximus.  Similar to Steve, my Main uses slugs so we don't take it off every day and hence a fast pin wouldn't be of any advantage.  My tack pin is located just below the reefing hooks which is bolted on to the boom - mine is a 5/8 diameter (approx) clevis pin with a split ring on one side an a cotter pin on the other.  I can see that if your main has a Bolt-Rope style luff then it might make sense to take the main off the boom and a fast pin would help.  Long story short - I don't know if there is a mkV 'standard' for the tack pin - I do know that my mast is different that Steve and Jim's.

Hope this helps.
Scott Fraser,
Knotius Maximus
Mk V - Hull 154
Toronto

Scott Fraser,
Knotius Maximus
Mk V - Hull 154
Toronto

Board footer