C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2012-09-07 10:56:52

stargazer

MkV holding tank

what would the approximate time be before requiring a pump out? I know this is entirely dependent on usage but if I could get some input here would be great

I'm having bowl backup to what I believe is abnormally premature

thanks

Lawrence Katz
'86 MkV #132
Lawrence Katz
'86 MkV #132
Stargazer II
Newport Yacht Club

Last edited by (2012-09-07 10:58:53)

Lawrence Katz
'86 MkV #132
                                                                    Stargazer II
Fifty Point Marina

#2 2012-09-08 01:18:25

Steve Reid

Re: MkV holding tank

Lawrence:
You should never have sewage backing up into the bowel. Even if your holding tank was compleatly full (not a good thing to have happen) any excess should come out through the vent (on the port side of the hull). If you are getting back pressure on the discharge hose from the toilet to the tank then you most likely have a blocked vent line.

Steve Reid

#3 2012-09-08 12:32:46

ALAN FORD

Re: MkV holding tank

Lawrence, this Forum is full of threads which relate to holding tanks and backing-up toilets!! It's a recurring problem it seems!. A recent one starts on 5/28/2012 and may be helpful.
Alan of SMOKE 1984 Mk V 002

Alan of SMOKE 1984 Mk V 002

Board footer