C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2003-07-14 05:20:58

Hull flexing from keel

I have just had a survey done on my 1974 27 Mark II.  The surveyor shook the keel from the bottom aft edge while the boat was in the travel lift and noticed flexing in the bottom of the hull.  He is recomending that we cut out the floor and install floor timbers to stiffen the boat.  I have not seen anything on this or any other forum addressing hull flexing.  Has any other owner of any 27 seen or heard of this?

#2 2003-07-14 07:32:17

Re: Hull flexing from keel

I have never heard of hull flexing from the keel of a C&C27, If it was then there would be a crack in the keel joint. Is this guy sure about this? Have you checked the Keel bolts under the floor boards? I would try a torque wrench on them first and take them up to 300 lbs if the boat is sitting on a cradle.

#3 2010-05-23 06:10:42

chasbo

Re: Hull flexing from keel

I have the same boat ..... With the same problem -- Could I kow how you resolved it -- Did you use the boat  with the hull flexing @ keel thanks for your help..........Chasbo....Chasbo!

Chasbo!

Board footer