C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2012-10-01 12:31:53

Anna69

CC27 out of water for winter

Any CC27 owners have their boat out of the water for the winter yet?  I am looking for the height from keel bottom to deck top. My rough estimate is 10ft but just looking to firm that guess up.

Russ Arnott
C&C 27 Mark III
Vancouver Island

#2 2012-10-02 09:49:08

bosco

Re: CC27 out of water for winter

This has come uo before --
See
Hey R.

This web-page has a link to another C and C site where you'll find an "Alladin's Cave" of info.  Among that stuff is a copy of the original C &C 27 Mk 111 brochure giving the mast height above the water as 41 feet. I've never measured  it but have always used  this number for clearance under bridges and power lines--- There's a marina nearby which I can't get to with Aragorn --- the power line strung across the entrance there is too low .
Given that the "P" figure for the Mark 111 is 31 feet, if you measure from the gooseneck fitting ( "x" feet)to the mast step, you can easily figure the distance from the mast step down to the waterline .
41 - 31= 10 feet from the gooseneck to the waterline minus "x" =  above water height of the hull . Add the draught of 4 ' 6" and you'll find you needed clearance ( except  that the hatch cover is a little higher than the mast step and as Dave suggests , you'll need a bit of room under the cradle as well)
  Clare Jordan Aragorn

Clare Jordan,
Stormont Yacht Club,
Long Sault

Board footer