C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2013-04-11 09:23:19

carriden

Condolences to Alan of Smoke

This one isn't about boat maintenance.  Since purchasing Smoke in 2009, Alan has been a frequent, lively and helpful contributor to the forum, signing each missive with 'Alan of SMOKE 1984 Mk V 002'.

On Monday April 8th 2013, Anne, his wife of 55 years, finally lost a decade-long battle with ill health.  Born in Shanghai, she was an adolescent survivor of the infamous Japanese internment camps in World War II and subsequently traveled the world, both before and after marrying Alan.

I know that many forum members will want to join me in conveying condolences and expressing our sadness that he has lost his companion of so many years.

As Tom Robbins once wrote:  “The highest function of love is that it makes the loved one a unique and irreplaceable being.”

Marcus from Carriden

Mk III, Hull #847
Oakville, Ontario

Marcus Opitz,
Formerly from Carriden, Mk III, Hull #847,
now skippering "Everdina," a 1975 Ontario 32

Board footer