C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2013-12-21 05:34:27

PeterC

My rudder rotates 360'.

I'm slowly getting my MK2 fixed up. I just got a new shaft and prop fitted for the electric motor I intent to install.I have realized that my rudder can rotate 360' when the tiller is raised, and would hit the prop. Is there a standard restraint system that should be fitted?

Peter
Peter Connolly
Santa Cruz, Ca.
C&C 27 Mk 2

Peter Connolly
Santa Cruz, Ca.
C&C 27 Mk 2

#2 2013-12-21 23:52:15

Katara

Re: My rudder rotates 360'.

I think thats the design so the boat could do a 360 with in it's own length . thats also one the biggest changes made to the mk 3.
Gerard Warner
Katara, '79 Mk III
Bronte, ON

Gerard Warner
Katara, '79 Mk III
D.Y.C.  Ontario

#3 2013-12-22 00:02:37

bosco

Hi Peter, and Merry Christmas, from snowy, cold Canada

Don't know about the Mk II but my Mk III has a casting bolted to the front of the rudder post and this casting sits in a " notch" in the base plate of the rudder assembly through which the rudder post passes . The notch limits the rudder rotation to about 35 degrees off the centre line in either direction. Perhaps you're missing this casting ---Look for a couple of tapped holes in the front of your rudder post where the casting should bolt on.
Clare  Jordan Aragorn

Clare Jordan,
Stormont Yacht Club,
Long Sault

#4 2013-12-23 12:04:00

PeterC

Thanks Gentlemen,
         It looks like I have a little engineering job to do. That swept back rudder when in reverse can whip the tiller out of your hand. Not a pleasant picture with my new prop. There is a casting on the front of the post, seems to be only to rest the tiller on, maybe a stopper key could be bolted to it and some kind of plate with a stopper fitted below it ...............?

Peter
PS; Just a sunny 65'F in Santa Cruz today..... but as I am Irish and have lived in Germany for years, I have had my share of rain and sleet and snow.
Peter Connolly
Santa Cruz, Ca.
C&C 27 Mk 2

Peter Connolly
Santa Cruz, Ca.
C&C 27 Mk 2

Board footer