C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2014-04-01 00:35:56

Jackkorno

Clevis Pin

HELP, I just got a C&C 27 When looking at Forestay the Clevis Pin Holding Forestay to deck is all rusted. Anyone know the size of the Original Clevis Pin. And where I can buy a new one in Stainless. ?

Jack St Catharines
Bjarke Jack Korno
St Catharines, Ontario

Bjarke Jack Korno
St Catharines, Ontario

#2 2014-04-02 20:50:04

syllap

Re: Clevis Pin

Hi,
On my 1975 MkIII it is 7/16 with a 7/16 turnbuckle. Backstay and shrouds are all 3/8.
Make sure you buy quality ( Wichard are the best ).
A good thing is when you install a furler the Harken MkIV unit 0 can use either a 3/8 or 7/16.
Sylvain Laplante
La Belle Poule C&C27 MkIII

Sylvain Laplante
La Belle Poule C&C27 MkIII

#3 2014-04-02 21:50:00

Katara

From St. Catharines I think either Brewer's Or Dowsar's in Hamilton would be the closest .
Leo at Brewer's is very knowledgeable when it comes to C&C rigging . Martin at Dowsar's is very good as well. I would take the Bottlescrew in with me to match up , on 30 plus year old boat how many times has the rigging been changed are the turnbuckles original ?
Gerard Warner
Katara, '79 Mk III
Bronte, ON

Gerard Warner
Katara, '79 Mk III
D.Y.C.  Ontario

#4 2014-04-13 23:43:53

Bill Salton

Hi, try South Shore Yachts in Virgil. Rob has all that stuff, and is very good with all things rigging.

Bill Salton
Whisper, Mk3

#5 2014-05-12 13:28:51

Van_Isle

Those cheap plastic measurement calipers are a great tool for confirming these sorts of things ... pick a set up for the onboard toolbox.
North Saanich, B.C.

1979 C&C 27 MkIII, Hull No. 780
Cygnet
North Saanich, BC

Board footer