C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2015-06-18 12:33:12

Jeff McCarthy

Ports

I am thinking of installing opening ports in the head area of my Mk V. Has anyone installed ports on their Mark V and have any recommendations as to brand and size? Thanks!
Jeff McCarthy
1986 Mark V, Sails Call
Indian Harbour Beach, FL

Jeff McCarthy
1986 Mark V, Sails Call
Indian Harbour Beach, FL

#2 2015-06-18 21:16:30

bosco

Re: Ports

Hi Jeff,
I have a Mk III rather than a Mk V, and I installed an opening port some years ago.The installation should be similar. I found a port with the same height as the opening but it was  just slightly longer than the opening  (which had oval shaped ends)- so a bit of cutting was needed thru the deck and the liner. I remember making some "filler" pieces out of marine plywood to fill in the space between deck and liner, putting them around the perimeter of the opening  so that the inner and outer flanges of the new port had something solid to butt against. Use a good sealant and " Bob's your Uncle" .

Clare Jordan Aragorn

Clare Jordan,
Stormont Yacht Club,
Long Sault

Board footer