C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2004-11-15 07:42:39

Shaft size

Without turning my oversized body upside down ----what is the shaft size withe the A-4?   ThanksDave Tinder
DAWN BREAKER  Mk3
Ft Myers

#2 2004-11-15 23:20:22

KenPole

Re: Shaft size

Assuming the drawing in my Mark III owner's manual is 1:1, the diameter is one inch. Will confirm later today with calipers on my shaft.
Ken Pole
Santiva
Ottawa

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#3 2004-11-16 03:58:39

KenPole

Oops. Although the diagram in the manual shows a one-inch diameter shaft, actual measurement on my Mark III, which is out of the water for the winter, has it as seven-eighths of an inch. Sorry about that.
Ken Pole
Santiva
Ottawa

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#4 2004-11-16 04:52:17

My literature shows 1" also----but I've also heard 7/8" from other sources----my experience tells me that it is best to put the calipers to it prior to boring/tapering the new prop.  I'll see if I can get my wife down there----I give her all the tools and equipment she needs!!!!!!!!
Thanks--Dave Tinder
DAWN BREAKER  Mk3
Ft Myers

#5 2004-11-24 03:17:26

I can assure you the shaft size on LARK ('77 Mk III with an A4) is 7/8". Assure you for two reasons - 1st, I had to replace my shaft once, and 2nd, we put zincs on once or twice a year to protect against electrolysis in salt water and the saft size is important.
Fred Butler

Board footer