C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2017-03-07 07:22:41

pferland

Is this Forum still active?

Wondering if this forum is still active?

#2 2017-03-07 15:06:47

carriden

Re: Is this Forum still active?

I sure hope so.  Or else I keep checking it for no good reason at all.
Marcus from Carriden

Mk III, Hull #847
Oakville, Ontario

Marcus Opitz,
Formerly from Carriden, Mk III, Hull #847,
now skippering "Everdina," a 1975 Ontario 32

#3 2017-03-08 03:46:35

KenPole

Still works for me
Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#4 2017-03-10 01:22:37

foroadmin
Administrator

Note that each thread bears a date for the last entry. By applying one's analytical powers, one can discern that, indeed, people are using this Forum. Not as much as in the past, but they are using it.

The diminution in use is fairly easy to understand. First, this Forum is searched a fair bit (there's 17 years of experience stored here) and I think people often find what they're looking for without posting a question.

Moreover, if someone doesn't find an answer but isn't registered on the Forum, there's a reluctance to make the effort to register and thus be allowed to post. Many of the requests received are incomplete; if the person is asked to complete the required info, in half the instances, they never respond. Is that bad for the Forum? Bad for the numbers, yes, but I do notice that since I started making people apply for registration, the number of blowhards and idiots has dropped effectively to zero. That's a huge net positive in my opinion.

Whether it is good or bad is in any case irrelevant; curated registration is imperative. If you were using the Forum some years back, you'll remember the tidal wave of spam that all but overwhelmed us. So, we will chunter along as we have - not a busy board, but one that seems to provide a service to those who use it.
- Admin

#5 2017-03-25 06:27:53

pferland

Thanks everyone for your responses. Thinking of selling "CaVaBien" this season and wondering if anyone is interested or has ideas on best way to Post. Boat is in Rhode Island presently waiting for the 2017 season to begin

Thanks, Paul

#6 2017-03-26 02:00:05

capricous

I'd be devastated if it wasn't
Dana

Capricious Mark 3 Hull #599

Capricious Mark 3 Hull #599

#7 2017-03-26 02:51:13

foroadmin
Administrator

The best way to post is to write a description of your boat's salient features then simply post it here with a simple descriptive title like "For Sale: 19xx C&C 27 Mk X". Proof-read your submission carefully. Include, if you like, links to photos of your boat that you have previously posted on a photo-sharing site. Don't forget to say where the boat is. That's pretty much it.
- Admin

Board footer