C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2018-05-02 02:29:09

Lark

Thru hull replacement size for scuppers and holding tank discharge

have C&C27 Mark III  (lark)

during haulout, plan to replace both thru hulls for scupper as well as thru hull for head discharge

is anyone aware of the sizing

look forward to your reply

Brad and Nancy Davies
C&C 27 Mk III Lark
Vancouver Rowing Club
Vancouver BC

Last edited by (2018-05-06 04:15:14)

Brad and Nancy Davies
C&C 27 Mk III Lark
Vancouver Rowing Club
Vancouver BC

#2 2018-05-05 14:41:41

Van_Isle

Re: Thru hull replacement size for scuppers and holding tank discharge

A short summary of what I did a few years ago: http://www.cc27association.com/f3/toast/toast.asp?sub=show&action=posts&fid=2&tid=8021

Note the reference to the flush-mount through-hulls. You'll most likely face the same thing.

Your best bet in my mind is to buy a $5 set of plastic calipers and measure the outside diameter of valve tailpieces and match-up the sizes that way. Who knows what's been done on your boat since it was built?  Just be careful that nobody has upsized anything and used reducers. I, for example, increased the diameter of the engine cooling water intake (to what my fuzzy memory can't recall). The reason being if I re-powered in the future to a diesel I'd probably need it. There is validity in sealing off the head discharge and re-plumbing the holding tank (I assume you have one) to suit.

1979 C&C 27 MkIII, Hull No. 780
Cygnet
North Saanich, BC

[For what it's worth, when I re-powered with a Yanmar 2YM15 diesel, the mechanic said that no intake upsizing was required from original, and so it has proved (I can shut the seacock down to less than 50% flow before the pyrometer starts to complain, tho' this probably is not true for boats in the southern US, where people have reported summer water temperatures in the 90-degree F range). The exhaust line, on the other hand, had to be significantly enlarged. - Admin]

Last edited by (2018-05-09 23:55:07)

1979 C&C 27 MkIII, Hull No. 780
Cygnet
North Saanich, BC

#3 2018-05-08 06:32:14

Lark

Re: Thru hull replacement size for scuppers and holding tank discharge

many thanks for your help

much appreciated

kind regards

Brad and Nancy Davies
C&C 27 Mk III Lark