C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2019-06-22 03:22:11

bjarki

Atomic 4 transmission

My transmission does not engage in forward or rear. The transmission shifter works and moves clearly forward and aft. I heard a noise and it sounded like a massive slip or breakage. I need to access the transmission box, but does anyone have tips or suggestions? Does anyone have experience replacing the transmission without hauling out the engine (as I am able to pick up a cheap replacement in our club)? I know what the transmission access plate looks like and I understand the operation of the forward 3 finger teeth versus the reverse drum actuation. The fact that it works in neither direction does not bode well?

#2 2019-06-25 11:13:14

doogymon

Re: Atomic 4 transmission

Several A4's I witnessed never really clicked into reverse and the skipper held the shifter back with his foot or hand and a whirl noise was heard.
Also, one time a skipper had the same phenomenon going forward and a sharp eye discovered that the raw water intake hose was interfering with the big shifter lever down in the engine compartment.

Good Luck

#3 2019-06-26 00:49:23

bjarki

Thanks that gives me something to troubleshoot.

#4 2019-07-03 16:40:35

Van_Isle

I suggest you search and post over on Moyermarine.com There is a sub-forum dedicated to the reversing gear ... Also grab a copy of their Atomic 4 manual and there is a reversing gear video that you can purchase.

1979 C&C 27 MkIII, Hull No. 780
Cygnet
North Saanich, BC

1979 C&C 27 MkIII, Hull No. 780
Cygnet
North Saanich, BC

Board footer