C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2022-01-03 18:16:53

Boarding Ladder

Have a MK V (#529) with wheel and would like to install a drop ladder from the stern. Any suggestions on  an appropriate manufacturer and model?

Richard Schillay,
AHYC, Atlantic Highlands Municipal Marina (New Jersey),
1984 Mark V (#529)

#2 2022-01-04 12:04:30

pablorusjan

Re: Boarding Ladder

I have never noted before that my MkV has a different ladder and on the opposite side ( starboard ) than most of the other MkVs (pictures below)
I believe that something like this could work:  http://www.mavimare.com/en/boarding-lad … del-141_26. I will measure L1 and L2 next time I will go to visit my boat. it is currently too cold here in QC to go very often.

mini_PyBNbfGv_400x400.jpgmini_Toronto-20150430-00400.jpgmini_Toronto-20130426-00004.jpg

S/V Mystic
MkV #138

#3 2022-02-07 13:09:57

JWente

On Distant Thunder we extended the original stern ladder by adding an additional 3 step extension hinged on the original. Works great. Klako in St Catherine’s did the work.

#4 2022-02-07 18:49:11

Hi Guys,
Thx for all the good advice. I first tried Mavimare for their boarding ladders and they told me they no longer ship to the States. Thoroughly explored the net, and it appears that no one makes a simple one piece 4/5 step ladder that can be offset and will swing up or down. Then tried a local yard to fabricate one and they don’t want to be bothered with it. Ultimately, I ordered a 4 step telescoping ladder and modified it with an offset at the bracket ( 1 1/2 inch Starboard and two pieces of 2 inch soft tubing. See photos below. My guess is that it should work and still have two steps in the water. Certainly not my first choice! 

mini_IMG_8217.jpgmini_IMG_8216.jpg

Richard Schillay,
AHYC, Atlantic Highlands Municipal Marina (New Jersey),
1984 Mark V (#529)

Board footer