C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2022-07-02 22:35:21

BenoitR

Partitions along engine?

Hello to all,
just had my C&C 27 Mk2 (Wacky Waves, hull #450, 1974) surveyed. The report says that I should have "longitudinal partitions" along the engine under the cockpit seats. I have never seen that in a 27 nor have I seen any trace of there ever been any. When I asked the surveyor, he replied that the 27 was built with partitions but that many owners removed them. Anyone know anything about this?
many thanks. BenoitR

Wacky Waves - Mk2
LCM, Bath

#2 2022-07-03 23:05:07

brianb

Re: Partitions along engine?

on my 78 mkiii there are partitions that are approx 10 inches high that screw on that keep items from travelling from the lazerettes into the engine, drive shaft etc. I will try to take a picture and post it for you.

1978 c&c 27 mkiii h#726
port stanley Ontario

#3 2022-07-04 11:46:31

BenoitR

Hello brianb, thanks for reply. No need for pictures, I have those low dividers in my boat. What the guy is referring to are partitions that would take up the whole side of the engine, from hull to cockpit sole to prevent any eventual gas vapor from circulating(?) in the engine compartment. I do not even see how anything like that could be installed (or be of any use) without rebuilding the boat. BenoitR

Wacky Waves - Mk2
LCM, Bath

#4 2022-07-05 19:54:38

BenoitR

Update. We have reached an understanding where such partition will not be needed.

Wacky Waves - Mk2
LCM, Bath

Board footer