C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2023-08-14 17:58:20

Sailingdude

C&C27 purchase.Major problems or minor issuea

Hello all,I am considering the purchase of a  CC27 at a good price but every bargain can have a down side.A number of repairs have been made to the boat.Would these be considered structurally terminal or acceptable minor issues ?

#2 2023-08-14 18:02:56

Sailingdude

Re: C&C27 purchase.Major problems or minor issuea

#3 2023-08-15 11:07:52

pablorusjan

Re: C&C27 purchase.Major problems or minor issuea

Hello,
Based on the pictures, it looks like you are concern about the starboard chainplate. To my understanding, the load of the chain plate is loaded on the bulkhead. The fiberglass plays a minor role. I do not know whether the chainplate is original or proper for the mast (I have a MkV). However probably the crack in the picture, is insinuating that the core of the fiberglass is in bad shape.
If you want to be sure about the condition of the boat and what you need to fix, the best is to hire a surveyor. It is highly likely that in order to insure the sailboat you will need a survey. So probably you will end up paying the surveyor anyways.
Kind regards,
Pablo

S/V Mystic
MkV #138

Board footer