C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2004-11-27 02:40:43

Anchor rollers, dodgers

Does anyone have or has anyone seen a good compatible anchor roller for a MkII?  Also, any success with dodgers and bimini's on a Mk II?  I have two 30 amp shore power plugs on my Mk II, both mounted on the stern aft of the mainsheet traveler.  I know I should know why or what both do, but I don't.  Anyone else have that arrangement?  I'm sure I'll have more questions as I poke around on my boat, the Sea Robin (named after the diesel submarine I was on back in the 70's).  Thanks again Guys.

#2 2004-11-27 04:49:50

Re: Anchor rollers, dodgers

Chas.---If we are naming our boats after subs--mine would be USS SEA FOX 246 out of San Diego early '60's.  Those were the days eh Chuck??????
Dave Tinder
dawn Breaker--Ft Myers   Mk111

#3 2004-11-27 07:00:39

yeah, those really were the days.  I was on the Sea Robin, SS407.  She was decomissioned in 1970.  She was a good boat and I ended up with one of the bronze ships plaques and have always had a soft spot for her and the guys I sailed with.  I felt the name was appropriate in that the C&C's hull color is a robin blue, white topsides.  I shipped over to the USS Narwhal, a nuclear fast attack, after the Robin was decomissioned, but really never was a "nuc" boat guy.  I guess "Diesel Boats Forever" was in my blood.  Hey, I am an assistant principal at a large high school in Atlanta and am retiring soon.  When I start looking for a slip for the "Robin" in the next year or two I may get some input from you as far as good places to sail out of.  Anyway, it's always good to hear from old diesel boat sailors.

#4 2004-11-28 04:24:54

The SEA FOX was SS402--couldnt correct my typo----Went to the Turks in 1970 and then de-commissioned.  Nice to talk to a fellow sailor that doesnt mind the smell of diesel.  I joined under Adm Rickover's nuc program---but finally ended up in the USMC courtesy of Iowa State Univ.  Pls check our website:  manateeworld.com---email is direct to me.
Sorry about the personal conversation guys---pls excuse a couple of old sub sailors.
DaveDave Tinder
DAWN BREAKER  Mk3
Ft Myers

Board footer