C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2005-01-04 11:20:02

KenPole

Instrument housings

To each his or her own, but for several reasons I dislike instruments mounted on the cockpit bulkhead. That leaves me the option of a pedestal mount or, my preference, atop the FRP moulding that covers my Mark III's companionway slide. Anyone else gone this route? If so, can you recommend a triple-display housing (Raymarine ST60s) that would do the job and where you purchased it or had it made? Any recommendations on cable routing? Thanks in advance.
Ken Pole
Santiva
Ottawa

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#2 2005-01-14 03:22:01

Brad Croshaw

Re: Instrument housings

Hello Ken

I carried out this project on my Trapper 500, I used an instrument pod from Scanstut which was designed for a binacle, I had two short s/s mountings made up and bolted them to the hatch garage then fixed the pod to them. The worst bit was the wiring, I used a gland on the coach roof near the mast to pass the wind instument cable through and fed the log and sounder cable in conduit up the bulkhead next to the mast post, I then fed them between the headlining and deck to a point below the hatch garage and then back through the deck, a cow of a job but worth the effort.

I have some pictures if would like to see the finished job.

Brad Croshaw

#3 2005-01-14 07:37:08

KenPole

Hi Brad. I'd appreciate seeing the pix if it's not too much trouble. Thanks.
Ken Pole
Santiva
Ottawa

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#4 2005-01-14 22:30:18

Brad Croshaw

OK,

where do I send them?

Brad

#5 2005-01-15 04:21:46

KenPole

if electronic, <A href="mailto:ken.pole@sympatico.ca">ken.pole@sympatico.ca</A>
if the other option, Ken Pole, 1950 Highridge Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1H 5H3. I'll cover costs of printing, postage, etc. with something.
Ken Pole
Santiva
Ottawa

Ken Pole, Ottawa
1975 Mark III Santiva

#6 2005-01-15 07:32:32

emailed

Brad

#7 2005-01-27 08:34:37

rblade

Ken,

I have been kicking around the idea of eventually doing the same on my 27.  I have yet to buy the electronics but probably will next year.  Can you forward me the pics too.  Maybe when this deep freeze is over I could drop over and have a look at your setup? 
Larry Graham
Oriana
RYC Ottawa
<A href="mailto:rblade@rogers.com">rblade@rogers.com</A>

Board footer