C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2003-08-02 02:39:28

velero

Blower

We are new to owning an inboard gas (Atomic 4). Do we need to keep the blower on the whole time the motor is running or can we shut it off after it has started?

Last edited by (2003-08-02 03:12:59)

#2 2003-08-04 03:30:44

Re: Blower

I find that after you run the blower for a few minutes to clear the bilge of any possible fumes you can turn off the blower after warming up the motor. This will help charge your batteries faster too.
The reasons to keep it running after the engine is warm is get rid of the heat that builds up below deck or if you suspect a possible exhuast leak. CO is a real danger with any poorly vented boat. If I have anyone in the cabin with the engine running I leave the blower on. If Possible I open the forward hatch too.

John '76 MKIII

#3 2003-08-04 05:50:22

velero

Thanks!  At our club the opinions are running 50/50.  I prefer to keep it off but saftey is an issue as well.

#4 2003-08-25 05:17:55

I keep my blower running while the engine is on for one reason only, and that is if you have to motor for a long period of time it helps to keep it cool down below and stops the refridgeration from over working or melting ice to quickly. Besides the motor is running and the blower can't be any louder, can it?

Board footer