C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2005-04-08 05:32:56

Oily substance in V-Berth (MkV)

Hi,

I noticed today therte was a dark brown greasy substance on the cabin sole of the vberth ares - it seems to have dripped down the port cabin side and accumulated there. Any idea where this could be from?

#2 2005-04-09 13:22:05

Re: Oily substance in V-Berth (MkV)

The brown substance you found sounds like it could be the by-product of "balsa-core" deteoration,due to "moisture"getting into the deck from "somewhere".
I'd take a close look at your deck fittings in the area, ie: base of mast fittings, any line organizers, but especially the "mini stay" deck fitting as its almost directly over where you found the dripping.  I haven't found a MKV yet that has a "tight" fit here.............The bracket is just held with 4 screws, and any I've looked at (including my own) are surrounded by stress cracks........hense a water path to the balsa core and eventual "delamination" of the area.................................Good luck (Canadian Warren) 

Board footer