C&C 27 Association Forum

This Forum is supported by C&C 27 owners like you whose membership in the C&C 27 Association makes possible this Forum and the accompanying site. Thank you, members, for your continuing commitment.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

if you need to reset your password, you will have to confirm the request clicking the URL in the email that you will receive (Just in case check the spam folder)
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact me

#1 2005-06-17 00:08:19

TalW

Spinnaker launching technique

The 27 I crew on each year for Barrie Yacht Club's Mark V regatta converted his spin launch system to a companionway bag this year that seemed to work quite well.  Nice not to have any repacking or rerigging, especially when you're running short windward-leeward legs.  You do have to be comfortable with windward or leeward douses depending on which gybe you approach the leeward mark, but that's no problem...

I've also sailed on a C&C 33 Mk I that uses a companionway bag, but unless you've got a full crew compliment that's a ton of nylon to get out from under the boom, get the guy up to the pole, and the head up to the masthead without any snafus!

So now I'm thinking about my own 27 Mark III.  I'm not sure how many racers are left on this board, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on spinnaker hoists.  On Critical Path we currently use a box bag clipped to the lifelines just forward of the forward lowers on the leeward side, but what do y'all think of companionway hoists for a Mark III-sized chute?  I tend to race shorthanded (typically only 3 or 4 of us onboard), so it'd really help not to have to contend with rerigging or packing on upwind legs...

So, what do you use (or have seen used!), and how do you like it?  Any improvements you'd suggest?  Other comments?

Thanks a bunch!

Cheers,
Tal  ../)../)..
Critical Path, #632

Board footer